The Omro Public Library has several databases available for the public. Through our online catalog, you may access our library's collection as well as those of other Winnefox Library System libraries including the Berlin, Neenah, Menasha, Oshkosh, and Fond du Lac Public Libraries.
You may access the above databases from the comfort of your own home -- for details on how to do this, see How do I connect to the Library's online catalog?
Other databases available at the library:
- BadgerLink provides a variety of databases including EBSCOhost, Newspaper Indexes, and BadgerCat. BadgerLink is a project provided by the Division for Libraries and Community Learning of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Heritage Quest: find ancestors and relatives in the U.S. Federal Census from 1790-1880, 1900-1930 and find information on people and places described in over 25,000 family and local histories. A valid Omro Public Library card is needed to use Heritage Quest outside of the library building.
- WISCAT: Database of library holdings across Wisconsin.
- A complete list of available databases can be found at Omro Public Library Research Tools.
- Internet: There are six Internet computers available to the public. The Omro Public Library also provides Wireless Internet Access.
- Word Processors: There are four word processors in the Adult Department that have access to Microsoft Word 2000, Excel 2000, Powerpoint 2000, and Access 2000.